A healthy shoulder is important for many of our everyday movements. Our shoulder joints and soft tissues are often utilized even when we don’t notice. Everything from getting dressed to sneezing to using a mouse on your computer can affect the shoulder.
Many of us don’t pay much attention to our shoulders until we notice discomfort within them. Working with your local chiropractor is an excellent resource for shoulder pain, offering several benefits.
This post answers:
- Why does my shoulder hurt?
- What conditions are related to shoulder pain?
- How will a chiropractor help relieve my shoulder pain?
- What are the benefits of chiropractic care for shoulder pain?
- And more
Treating your shoulder pain should be a priority, as it can disrupt your routine, create a chronic condition, and interfere with your overall health and quality of life. Read on to learn what you can do to safely reduce your shoulder pain and how a chiropractor will help.
Reasons for Shoulder Pain
As mentioned above, we use our shoulders a lot. They’re incredibly dynamic with a significant range of motion and contribute to numerous activities. Even as we’re sedentary, we may be using our shoulder’s soft tissues. Because of their prominence in our daily movement patterns, they’re susceptible to pain and discomfort.
You may have shoulder pain for several reasons, including:
- Habitual poor posture, movement patterns, and sleeping position
- An improperly set up workstation
- Improper lifting technique
- Overuse of the shoulder joint or soft tissues, often due to occupation, exercise, or sports
- A chronic injury
- A trauma, such as a car accident or sports accident
- Aging and regular wear and tear
- And others
These actions, lifestyles, and events can lead to conditions that cause shoulder pain, including:
- Rotator cuff injury
- Shoulder impingement
- Sprains, strains, and inflammation
- Frozen shoulder
- And others
When shoulder pain goes untreated, it can radiate into other areas of the body and create other discomforts, such as back pain, neck pain, stiffness, loss of range of motion, and more. So, what can you do?
Chiropractic to End Shoulder Pain Safely
There are many chiropractic solutions that can help you discover why you have shoulder pain and will treat the injury (not just the symptoms). Your shoulder pain chiropractor will also go over your lifestyle to help you improve poor habits and teach you how to better support your shoulder and body as a whole.
Common chiropractic services and techniques to help end shoulder pain include:
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Active Release Technique (ART)
- Graston Technique
- Kinesio taping
- Dry needling
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS)
- Pediatric care
- And others
Getting chiropractic for shoulder pain offers several benefits, including:
- Chiropractic methods are a natural way to encourage effective healing that will quickly and safely reduce pain, improve function, and increase range of motion in the shoulder.
- Chiropractic looks at the body comprehensively, understanding the relationships within the musculoskeletal system so the proper treatment can be applied.
- Chiropractic care focuses on pain relief by helping the injury heal and giving you the tools to keep your body protected going forward.
- Chiropractic does not rely on pain medication or aggressive methods that can further traumatize the body or pose other risks to your overall well-being.
These are only a handful of the benefits chiropractic can offer you.
Get Shoulder Pain Relief with Chiropractic at Whitefish Chiropractic
We know you depend on a healthy body to achieve your goals. Our chiropractic professionals are prepared to help you heal and thrive so you can return to the activities you enjoy. Don’t let shoulder pain hold you back from your desired quality of life.
Let our team thoroughly assess you and your movements and design a wellness strategy around your needs.
Our Whitefish Chiropractic clinics are located in Whitefish, Columbia Falls, and Kalispell for your convenience. Schedule your appointment today and get the effective shoulder pain relief you deserve.