Sciatica is a condition that affects millions of people annually. It can occur in patients of every kind, every age, every ability level. Whether you’re sedentary or highly active, you may find yourself experiencing the effects of sciatica.
Chiropractic is a practical, reliable way to end the discomfort your sciatica is causing by treating the injury to the sciatic nerve. Chiropractors understand the relationship between the soft tissues, nerves, and joints that run through the body, and they have techniques that safely heal and empower the body, so it functions as its meant to.
This article will explain the following:
- What sciatica is
- The symptoms of sciatica
- What causes sciatica
- Chiropractic care to end sciatica
- Benefits of chiropractic
- And more
We understand you may not know if you have sciatica, but this post will help clear that up. If your body is in pain, it’s telling you it needs help. Getting support at the first sign of discomfort is always best, as it encourages responsible healthcare and keeps your discomfort from worsening.
What is Sciatica?
Your sciatic nerve runs from the lower back through each buttock and halfway down each leg, giving it much control over your body’s lower half. When pressure is put upon the nerve, you may experience discomfort in many forms.
The pain caused is generally due to the nerve being pinched or compressed and leads to the condition called sciatica.
Symptoms of Sciatica
Because the sciatic nerve is so large, it can become injured in various places, so pain can come in different forms. In most cases, the discomfort appears on only one side of the body.
Common symptoms include:
- Radiating pain from the buttock into the leg
- Radiating pain from the low back into the buttock
- Dull aching pain while at rest
- Sharp or intense pain while moving
- Discomfort while standing or sitting for long periods
- Burning sensations in the lower half of the body
- Mild tingling in the affected area
- And more
While the symptoms aren’t always day-destroyers, they can become that way if not correctly cared for. Working, exercising, and social engagements don’t need to become challenging. Get the holistic chiropractic care your body needs to stay healthy and pain-free.
Chiropractic Care for Sciatica
Utilizing non-invasive chiropractic solutions for your sciatica is a smart, effective way to end your pain by curing the root cause. Chiropractors have a unique knowledge of the musculoskeletal system and how to ensure it’s fully and properly functioning.
Common reasons and conditions that cause sciatica include:
- Disc herniations
- Disc bulge
- Degenerative disc disease
- Pregnancy or weight gain
- Poor posture
- A traumatic event, such as a car accident
- And others
The symptoms caused by these factors can often be eliminated with a strategic wellness plan.
Common chiropractic treatments for sciatica include:
- Chiropractic adjustments- manual therapy that aligns and balances the spine, restoring disc placement
- Active Release Technique- movement-based therapy that treats injured soft tissues
- Dry needling- thin needles placed in the skin above the affected areas allow for better circulation and reduce discomfort
- Graston Technique- using chiropractic tools, soft tissues can be highly targeted, breaking up scar tissue and generating proper movement patterns
- And others
Benefits of Chiropractic Care
Several in-clinic treatments may be used together to enhance the recovery process and help the patient find balance and comfort more efficiently. Take-home exercises and stretches may also be provided to help keep the body strong, safe, and stable now and in the future.
Other benefits of chiropractic services include:
- Better sleep quality
- Improved focus
- Improved comfort, flexibility, and motion
- Increased performance
- More energy
- Decreased mental stress
- Improved quality of life
- And more
Visit Our Whitefish Chiropractic Clinic to Cure Your Sciatica
As chiropractors, we know that ending your pain isn’t the goal, but curing what’s causing your pain is. With our comprehensive approach to your care, you can feel confident that your body will be able to support you.
Don’t let your sciatica hold you back from doing the things you enjoy. Contact us today; let’s get you active and living to the fullest.